Tuesday 10 August 2010

Top 5 Shoes-Designer & High Street




I had a bad PhD day today (we've all been there); my experiment worked, however I don't have enough of my sample...so instead of letting my head explode with stress & calculations all evening - I've decided to have some relaxing down time & to browse through pretty shoes to make myself feel better!
My favourite's at the minute are super high platforms or wedges in nudes, tans and blacks, perfect for wearing with skirts, dresses, jeans or shorts - shoes need to be multifunctional or else it's not worth splashing out in my opinion.
I've put together a list of my top 5 shoes at the minute: High Street & Designer. Let me know if you like them, if you agree or disagree with the order they're in, or if you have any favourites that I may have overlooked. If I can afford to buy one of the High Street pairs in the next 3 months I'll be delighted! And the designer pairs will be mine one day...even if I have to sell my car to get them ha ;)
PS. Topshop's new shoe collection is absolutely amazing...

High Street
1. TopShop: Willow Stripy Wedges in Off White (Image above)
2. Next: Mink Platform Court Shoes
3. River Island: Platform Caged Sandal in Black
http://xml.riverisland.com/flash/content.php Women: Footwear: heels/wedges/clogs Item 17
4. TopShop: Wisteria Chiffon Tie Wedges in Black
5. TopShop: Pancho Cut-Out Peep Toe Sandals in Tan

Designer
1. Brian Atwood: Farrah
2. Christian Louboutin: Fortita in Black Silk with Black Lace
3. Jimmy Choo: Aston in Powder
4. YvesSaintLaurent: 105mm Sandal Gold Metallic Leather
http://ysl.com/us/en/index.aspx Collections: Women: Accessories: Shoes
5. Christian Louboutin: Studio in Black Leather and Silver Studs


Rachel xxx

4 comments:

  1. Jimmy Choo: Aston in Powder . . . . .LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh j'adore Farrah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farrah are my fave too Orla, but Aston aren't too far behind Eimear...if I'm honest, I want them all!
    Now who's up for a Penney's visit so we can get the best reproductions out there?! Bargain shopping forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To become a shoe designer takes imagination, creativity, and a great deal of hard work. Shoe designers do not become a success overnight. Take for example, Christian Louboutin shoes on sale
    . Christian Louboutin began by studying architecture and literature. Halfway through his studies, he decided to become a photographer. While he was photographing a fashion set, he became friends with Diana Vreeland, the fashion editor for Vogue at the time, who persuaded him to show her his shoe designs, since he wore a funny pair that he designed for himself at that time. And the rest is history. Thanks to Sex and the City and Carrie Bradshaw's infatuation with his shoes, Christian Louboutin, as he is referred to now, became a household name. shop designer shoes at outlet I buy the shoes from this store

    ReplyDelete