Wednesday 25 August 2010

Festival Essentials


I've never been to a festival before, so I'm trés excited about going to Electric Picnic next weekend, the weather forecast says there's little or no chance of rain, the line-up just keeps getting better and better, and I've already practised putting up my tent; it wasn't as difficult as I imagined (granted I had some help from the family but it still went up in one piece)!!

Now comes the tricky part though...what to wear & what to bring with me. As the Irish weather is so notoriously unpredictable, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. At the same time, I don't want to over pack and have too many options...that just makes it's more difficult to decide what to wear! So I've made a list of what I imagine to be festival staples, but I'd appreciate input to let me know if there's anything I'm forgetting or anything that more practical than what I have!

1. Straw trilby hat - great to cover up unwashed hair, may be robbed by overzealous boys and could blow away in a gust, but I think the benefits outweigh the costs here.
2. Denim shorts - perfect festival attire, although the forecast said it's going to be a chilly 10 degrees, so maybe tights to wear under them would be handy, or just jeans which would be warmer altogether?! Hmm...
3. Wellies - even if it's not raining I think I'll just wear them for the whole weekend!
4. Rain jacket.
5. Oversized sunglasses - protect eyes from the sun & hide tired/red/hungover eyeballs ;)
6. My favourite scarf, as scarves are the most versatile accessory on the planet.
7. An big hoody for warmth.
8. A bumbag/small across body bag to keep essentials in.

The picture below shows what's in my 'Definitely Bringing Pile'.


I'm getting excited now just thinking about packing! The scientist in me really wants to make an itinerary so I know exactly which band I want to see, where they're playing and when, but I won't (way too geeky ha)...I guess you can take the girl out of the lab but never the other way around!

Rachel xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment