Monday 1 November 2010

Winter Warmers



So the clocks have gone back which means it's darker in the evenings & also a lot colder! I quite like winter though, and it's easier to be working in the lab when it's miserable outside, sunny weather when stuck indoors is just too depressing. I've put together a list of a few of my favourite winter accessories that are vital for keeping warm yet looking cool. All are from the high street and should suit every budget. In particular I love the red fluffy snood from Topshop, it looks so warm & comfy, plus red is a fabulous colour for Winter. Good accessories are the best value-for money buys as they can be worn so often, plus they can brighten up an outfit. We should all be saving for Xmas, but it's ok to spend on warm woolies that we really need, and it's also fine to get several colours and styles, coz we'll get lots of wear out of them, right?! Ah the compulsive shopper always finds a way to rationalise every single spend ;)


Rachel xxx

2 comments:

  1. Excellant! I love winter woolies! Only problem is when you're going into a restaurant or shop or somewhere and it takes you an excessive amount of time to peel off the layers and accessories in a graceful way, or then to put them all on before exiting such premises...I have not yet learned how to do this anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a good point, your scarf nearly chokes you and then there's always a mad dash to find the missing glove on the floor! That's why I like the hat-scarf combos, one less thing to put on and worry about. But then there's hat hair to contend with! If you find a graceful way of removing woolies when out let me know, I could do with a few tips myself ha ;)

    ReplyDelete