Wednesday 25 May 2011

Balayage Hair Colouring

I had no idea what Balayage hair colouring was until a recent girls night out, where it seemed hard to explain exactly how they dye your hair, but much easier to name a celebrity & say "Oh yeah, I love her hair, I always wondered why it looks so nice!".

So in short, Balayage is a technique where colour is applied to the hair by hand and not using meche packets or foil. The highlights are strongest at the tip of the hair and are applied very lightly at the roots. It's most suitable for natural light brunette or dark blonde shades, which is great for us Irish ladies, as a lot of us naturally have this hair colour. It results in really natural highlights, with the beauty of less obvious regrowth & roots.

The Irish Independent recently did a short feature on Balayage online: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/beauty/trendwatch-balayage-2627146.html

I've attached some pictures below of celebs with gorgeous Balayage type hair colour, definitely worth bringing to the hairdressers for inspiration!



Let me know what you think of this style, or if you've had it done before.

Rachel xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love whitney's hair the most <3 , it looks so natural,,cant wait to get it done next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. military haircuts

    ReplyDelete